Experience and services
“Knowledge Management” is a complex field encompassing learning, libraries, culture and cognitive (AI). I help organisations improve profitability and effectiveness by distilling the complexities into practical tools and techniques which improve learning and knowledge sharing and management.
I provide strategic advice and coaching, write practical textbooks, run training sessions and speak at events and conferences.
Strategic Knowledge Management can help your firm:
- keep employees up to date efficiently with the new legal knowledge they need to do their work;
- encourage employees to share their knowledge so it can be leveraged effectively;
- streamline processes so your fee earners can focus on areas where they add most value to the business;
- avoid losing knowledge and clients when key members of staff leave;
- nurture employees’ creativity and innovation to meet the emerging needs of your clients and compete with disruptors.
As an independent consultant, I can advise between different technology solutions or on low-cost changes, whichever gives the best value to your business. Having worked with a wide variety of organisations, I can bring their combined learning to you.
I particularly enjoy helping those organisations which have reached a tipping point and need practical help with their first knowledge audit and strategy, although I have helped large and small organisations at all stages of their journey.
“clear, succinct and jargon free” “One of the most pragmatic KM texts I have come across” Ian Rodwell, Linklaters
“Chock full of pragmatic and helpful suggestions” “Readable, easy to follow, practical book”
Open training courses (London UK):
“KM: The Works” – foundation course in KM
“KM: The Scores” – workshop in KM project results measurement
“KM Strategy” & “Deep Knowledge”
Founder and leader of Knowledge Network UK, the regional knowledge-sharing and networking group for law firm KMers.