Succession Planning for Law Firms
Succession planning is a key part of the management of any law firm.
- having an understanding of partners’ retirement plans
- identifying future succession needs
- identifying and developing potential successors
- developing partner competencies so that prospective partners understand what is expected of them – they know what “good” looks like and have a goal to achieve
- providing management skills training to the next generation of leaders.
It forms an integral part of developing law firm strategy and is a key aspect of much of our work on management and leadership.